The Bartlett Building

 
215 W 7th St Los Angeles, CA 90014
Historic Core
 
       
213.626.5000 info@213loftcompany.com

View Available Units for SALE or LEASE
the-bartlett

The A. G. Bartlett Building was designed in 1911 by well-known Los Angeles architects John Parkinson and Edwin Bergstrom in the Beaux Arts style. Since Spring Street was the heart of the city’s financial district (the “Wall Street of the West”) the ground floor of the building was initially leased by the German-American Savings Bank and fitted out as a tellers hall by the Chicago based architects, Weary and Company. Later, the premises were taken over by the Security Pacific Bank who installed state of the art pneumatic tubes, vaults in the basement and a suite of offices for the directors on the mezzanine level. Colored marble and glass mosaics are still extant on the ground floor, and fragments of black and white “subway” pattern flooring remain on the mezzanine level. Between 1911 and 1922, the upper floors were tenanted by the Union Oil Company, which eventually moved to larger offices at 617 Seventh Street.

 

• 24 Hour valet parking
• Beaux-Arts architecture
• Security
• High ceilings
• Glass cook-top stoves
• Large antique windows
• Refrigerator
• Dishwasher
• Washer and Dryer (Most units)
• Central AC/Heat
• Polished concrete floors